BOARD OF DIRECTORS
July 25, 2018
High School Library
I. Call to Order
II. Flag Salute
III. Approval of Minutes: July 11, 2018
IV. Approval of Agenda: Additions, Modification or Changes
V. CONSENT AGENDA 05 mins ACTION
- Resignation: Tamara Willis, Paraeducator
Community Wellness Project donated $1,000 to the high school and Mr. Aubin’s corn project.
VI. GOOD NEWS AND RECOGNITION 05 mins INFORM
- Mark Bauserman, Ginny Munger, and Jack Randall with the Department of Emergency Management will be recognized for volunteer contributions to Chimacum School safety and security preparendness.
- Maren Johnson will be acknowledged for Capital Levy support.
VII. PUBLIC COMMENT 10 mins INFORM
The Chimacum School Board welcomes input from the public during the designated portion of tonight’s agenda. Comments will be limited to three minutes per speaker. Only those who have signed in can be recognized by the Board Chair. In accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, the Board will not respond to the public comments about items that are not on the agenda.
VIII. SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT (6:20 PM)
- Superintendent Goals and Action Plans 40 mins INFORM/ACTION
The Superintendent will present goals for first reading. The goals will include prioritized action planning. (Supt Goals; Board Goals; Action Chart)
2. School Opening Calendar 05 mins INFORM
The Superintendent will review key dates and training activities for the opening of school in the
3. Collective Bargaining 05 mins INFORM
The Superintendent and Staff will update the board on 2242 and factors which will impact contract negotiations.
IX. BOARD POLICY REVIEW (6:50 PM)
- SBP 4110/4110P: Citizen Advisory Committees; 1st Reading 05 mins ACTION
- SBP 6101: Federal Cash and Financial Management; 2nd Rding 02 mins ACTION
- SBP 6580: Continuity of Operations Plan; 2nd Reading 02 mins ACTION
X. REPORTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS (7:20 PM)
- Students Director Report 05 mins INFORM
- 2018-19 Budget Presentation and Public Hearing 20 mins INFORM
The board will take public comment regarding the proposed budget for the 2018-19 school year. The budget has been posted on the district website since July 9. Hard copies are also available at the district office.
3. Resolution 2018-4: 2018-19 Budget Adoption 05 mins ACTION
The board will consider the budget for the next school year and review all funds: General Fund, ASB Fund, Capital Projects Fund, Debt Service Fund, and Transportation Vehicle Fund.
XI. REPORTS BY INDIVIDUAL BOARD MEMBERS (7:50 PM)
JCEP Meeting – August 20, 2018 from 4:00-7:00 PM in Brinnon 05 mins DISCUSS/ACTION
XII. EXECUTIVE SESSION 30 mins NO ACTION
(RCW 42.30.110 (g)) (g) To evaluate the qualifications of an applicant for public employment or to review the performance of a public employee. However, subject to RCW 42.30.140(4), discussion by a governing body of salaries, wages, and other conditions of employment to be generally applied within the agency shall occur in a meeting open to the public, and when a governing body elects to take final action hiring, setting the salary of an individual employee or class of employees, or discharging or disciplining an employee, that action shall be taken in a meeting open to the public;
XIV. ADJOURNMENT (8:30 PM)