BOARD OF DIRECTORS
October 24, 2018
High School Library
Regular Meeting 6:00 PM
REGULAR MEETING (6:00 PM)
- Call to Order
- Flag Salute
- Approval of Minutes: October 10, 2018
- Approval of Agenda: Additions, Modifications or Changes
- CONSENT AGENDA (6:05 PM) 05 min. ACTION
Recommendation for Hire: Jamie Jensen, Subject Area Committee, Social Studies
Recommendation for Hire: John Morton, Subject Area Committee, Social Studies
Recommendation for Hire: Joni Langston, Subject Area Committee, Social Studies
Recommendation for Hire: Gretchen Berg, Subject Area Committee, Social Studies
ASB Fund #1272-1284 $ 4,290.09
ASB Fund #1285-1290 $ 1,703.19
General Fund #48958-49007 $ 58,593.09
General Fund #49008-49044 $ 32,293.03
Capital Projects #219-220 $ 23,504.48
Bus Surplus Request
Bus #21749, 2004 International 71 passenger bus with 220,000 miles.
Chimacum High School Horticulture received $320 worth of fine compost from Short’s Family Farm.
- GOOD NEWS AND RECOGNITION (6:10 PM) 10 min. INFORM
- Chimacum Elementary School
Principal Jason Lynch will share the “Cheetah Leader” program and share weekly school videos.
- October is Disability Awareness Month
Melinda Miller will provide an update and a three (3) minute video on Neurological Differences.
- PUBLIC COMMENT (6:20 PM) 10 min. INFORM
The Chimacum School Board welcomes input from the public during the designated portion of tonight’s agenda.Comments will be limited to three minutes per speaker.Only those who have signed in can be recognized by the Board Chair.In accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, the Board will not respond to the public comments about items that are not on the agenda.
- STUDENT DIRECTOR REPORT (6:30 PM) 05 min. INFORM
- BOARD POLICY REVIEW (6:35 PM) 05 min. ACTION
- REPORTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS (6:40 PM) 30 min. ACTION
- Chimacum Creek Primary School Improvement Plan (SIP)
Principal Kalie Enlow will present their SIP and leave time for board questions.
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT (7:10 PM) 50 min. DISCUSS/ACTION
- Recess for 20 minute facility tour to examine old and new spaces.
- Long Range Facility Plan
The Superintendent will present a plan to change facility configuration in light of declining enrollment.
- FINANCIAL REPORT (8:00 PM) 35 min. ACTION
Assistant Superintendent, Art Clarke, will present:
- BOARD MEMBER REPORTS (8:35 PM) 20 min. ACTION
- ADJOURNMENT (8:55 PM)