March 26, 2018
Dear Chimacum Community Member:
At the March 14, 2018 meeting the Board of Directors authorized a Replacement Levy to provide funding for capital projects, technology, and safety improvements. A full text of the measure is seen here: Resolution 2018-1
Some highlights of the levy are as follows:
1. The levy replaces the 2012 capital and technology levy.
2. The levy collects $1.35 million per year.
3. The cost per thousand dollars of assessed value is estimated at .614 to .677 over the course of the levy.
4. The levy is for six years, with a total collection of $7,950,000.00.
5. This levy is not a bond.
6. We will use these dollars to continue making facility improvements, focusing on safety, and maintaining the best spaces the district owns.
A full analysis of all district properties was completed last year. See the MENG Summary Report or MENG Powerpoint for details.
This will be a mail-in ballot only election.
Ballots are due August 7, 2018.
A levy requires 50% plus 1 for passage.
I will be out in the community making presentations about this levy before the election.
Please don’t hesitate to call or email me with questions: (360) 302-5896; firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact Assistant Superintendent Art Clarke at (360) 302-5895 or email@example.com.