Chimacum Creek Primary:
As I am sure you are all aware student drop-off and pick-up can be a challenging situation and here at Chimacum Creek Primary it is no different. While we understand the desire to walk your student inside, the circle drive is a fire lane and unaccompanied cars must not be left parked in this area. If you wish to escort your child into the building you must park in the parking lot. In an effort to help make parking spaces close to the school more available, the ten spaces in the triangle parking area have been designated for visitors only. We also ask that you use the parking lot when you need to pick your child up early or are dropping them off late. At pick-up if you are using the circle area you should stay in your car and have your student come to you. There have also been concerns about the ADA spaces becoming blocked during these times. Please remember it is against the law to use or block ADA spaces as they need to be assessable to those who need them.
We thank you in advance for working with is to keep all students safe by following these parking Do's and Don’ts:
- Use the parking lot when escorting students to class.
- Use the parking lot when picking students up early from school.
- Remain with your car when using the circle drive for student drop-off/pick-up.
- Be patient and drive slowly.
- Don’t leave cars unattended in the circle drive/fire lane area.
- Don’t use the inside lane of the circle when dropping-off/picking-up students – this forces students to cross a lane of traffic to get to the sidewalk. It also causes back-ups for people trying to leave the circle