Chimacum School Matters Newsletter
Focus on the Capital Levy
March 26, 2018
Dear Chimacum Community Member:
At the March 14, 2018 meeting the Board of Directors authorized a Replacement Levy to provide funding for capital projects, technology, and safety improvements. A full text of the measure is seen here: Resolution 2018-1
Some highlights of the levy are as follows:
1. The levy replaces the 2012 capital and technology levy.
2. The levy collects one million, three hundred and twenty-five thousand dollars ($1,325,000)
3. The cost per thousand dollars of assessed value is estimated at .614 to .677 over the course of the levy.
4. The levy is for six years, with a total collection of $7,950,000.00.
5. This levy is not a bond.
6. We will use these dollars to continue making facility improvements, focusing on safety, and maintaining the best spaces the district owns.
A full analysis of all district properties was completed last year. See the MENG Summary Report or MENG Powerpoint for details.
This will be a mail-in ballot only election.
Ballots are due August 7, 2018.
A levy requires 50% plus 1 for passage.
I will be out in the community making presentations about this levy before the election.
Please don’t hesitate to call or email me with questions: (360) 302-5896; email@example.com.
You may also contact Assistant Superintendent Art Clarke at (360) 302-5895 or firstname.lastname@example.org.