The Benefits of Reconfiguration
In an effort to improve student learning, while at the same time realizing a limitation of financial resources, it was determined that a reconfiguration of the grades was necessary. The following grade configuration provides the best options:
- Primary grades K-2, with anticipated enrollment of 140 students
- Elementary grades 3-6, with anticipated enrollment of 245 students
- Middle and High School grades 7-12, with anticipated enrollment of 294 students
- Pi grades K-12, with anticipated enrollment of 52 students
Our new configuration will:
- Improve the use of personnel, recently remodeled classroom space, and access to available technology, particularly in the elementary and middle grades.
- Increase the use of instructional time by improving the proximity of class and support services for students, particularly in the middle and high school grades.
- Improve the use of available financial resources by better utilizing faculty expertise and administrative leadership.
- Improve the utilization of teacher and administrative time and talent, particularly in the middle and high school grades.
- Continue to improve student learning and utilize teacher expertise, along with continued emphasis on small class size at the primary grade levels.
- Improve the utilization of available learning spaces, libraries, lunchrooms, and technology services for students and teachers, particularly in the middle and high school grades.