BOARD OF DIRECTORS
October 23, 2019
High School Library
I. Call to Order
II. Flag Salute
III. Approval of Minutes: October 9, 2019
IV. Approval of Agenda: Additions, Modification or Changes
V. CONSENT AGENDA ACTION
Personnel Retirement: Michele Makinson, Paraeducator, Effective October 21, 2019
Out of Endorsement Teacher Assignments for 2019-20
Jared Swift, Endorsed in Social Studies; two assignments teaching science
VI. GOOD NEWS AND RECOGNITION
- Port Ludlow Voice for Publishing School Stories: The staff would like to thank the writers, editors, and photographers for featuring school stories in their monthly publication. www.plvoice.org
- We Give Jefferson Annual Giving Campaign: https://www.givejefferson.org/ : UGN has announced the annual giving campaign with many local services for district families mentioned.
- Dr. John Fabian, Student Speaker on October 7, 2019: https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/fabian_john.pdf
VII. PUBLIC COMMENT 6:15 PM
The Chimacum School Board welcomes input from the public during the designated portion of tonight’s agenda. Comments will be limited to three minutes per speaker. Only those who have signed in can be recognized by the Board Chair. In accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, the Board will not report to the public comments about items that are not on the agenda.
VIII. STUDENT DIRECTOR REPORT 6:25 PM INFORM
IX. FINANCIAL REPORT 6:30 pm INFORM
X. SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT 6:50 PM INFORM
- Inclement Weather Communications: The Superintendent will provide an overview of communications for a variety of weather conditions.
- Parent and Community School Safety Meeting CJSHS Library, November 6, 2019 from 6:30-8:00 PM; Community volunteers and the Superintendent will host a forum of district actions to keep students safe.
- Alternative Learning Highlights (Pi Program): The Superintendent will discuss the many merits of the district’s alternative learning program. For an overview of ALE in WA State click here:https://www.k12.wa.us/student-success/learning-alternatives/alternative-learning-experience. For a review of options for ALE conducted last year, see attachment (above)
XI. BOARD POLICY REVIEW 7:15 PM ACTION
- SBP 3413P: Student Immunization and Life Threatening Health Conditions
- SBP 3416: Medication at School
- SBP 6100: Revenues From Local, State and Federal Sources
XII. REPORTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS 7:20 PM INFORM
- Communications Committee Update: The Board will hear an update on the team of staff and community gathered to improve district communications.
XIII. BOARD REPORT 7:30 PM ACTION
- Chair Pro Tem to Open December 11 Meeting
The final regular meeting for the current board will be November 13, 2019. The Board election is November 5, 2019, with the election certified on November 26. In light of three open board seats, the Board will need to appoint a temporary president to open the December 11 meeting.
- Review Board Transition Calendar INFORM
The board will review the revised transition calendar in light of board elections.