(not compatible with older versions of web browsers)
NEW OFFICE 365 E-MAIL FOR CHIMACUM SCHOOL DISTRICT
Effective August 19th, Chimacum School District will be replacing the on-premises Exchange E-mail and messaging system with the “cloud-based” Microsoft Office 365 E-mail system. E-mail, calendaring, and appointments, as well as many other features, are provided with this service. Office 365 E-mail can be accessed using the Outlook program on a PC or Mac computer, or from any web browser anywhere. There are Outlook apps available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices as well.
On the district web site are links to the new Office 365 E-mail as well as the legacy E-mail. You may read E-mail from the legacy system, but message receipt and delivery will be disabled.
If you are using a Macintosh computer, it will be necessary to update to the latest version of Office 2011. If you wish to access your Office 365 prior to having the Outlook client updated (or installed), please do so via the web browser instructions.
ACCESS YOUR OFFICE 365 E-MAIL ACCOUNT FROM THE WEB
You may do the following steps on any Internet-connected computer with a web browser.
Start a web browser, and navigate to this URL: https://login.microsoftonline.com/
Log on in the following manner:
Username: Your full E-mail address, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: Use the temporary password provided to you by IT or District Office staff.
If this is the first time you have logged into your account, you will be prompted to change your password. The password must meet these requirements: Must contain three of the following four and be between 8 and 16 characters: Capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. The password cannot contain the username.
Make note of the new password you have created.
Once the Office 365 password has been changed, you will be taken back to the login screen. After logging in with the new password, click the Outlook link at the top to access your email. If you are using your work computer, do not launch the Outlook client until you have followed the additional steps below.
CHANGE YOUR WINDOWS PASSWORD ON YOUR WORK COMPUTER (Windows)
Now you will need to change the password for the Windows logon on your work computer to match it to the one you gave for your Office 365 account. This needs to be done just once.
- If you are not already logged on, log on to your Windows machine at work using your existing Windows password (not the Office 365 password you created above).
- Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and choose “Change Password”.
- Change the password to the one that you created for your Office 365 account, above.
If you are on Windows 7, run this Profile utility: Config365 (Click)
- This will run an EXE file that asked for your username and password.
- Leave the checkboxes as they are.
- Click on the Configure button.
- After configuration is done, click the Lunch Outlook button.
- You will need to there your username and password again. Click the save password checkbox.
If you are on Windows 8, you need to delete the profile manually (also works on Windows 7):
- Click on the start menu and open Control Panel.
- Open the Mail icon.
- Click on the button to Show Profiles...
- Remove the profiles that are listed in this window.
- Click the OK button to close the window.
- Open Outlook.
- Type a name for the new profile (i.e. Outlook).
- The next window will fill in automatically. If it does not, please check that you are connected to the network with a hardwire or to the CHSD wifi network. The CHSD Guest will not work for this part.
- Click OK on the screen stating that you must restart Outlook. (You intact do not need to restart Outlook)
- Outlook may ask for your username and password again, click to save this information.
If you have difficulties with this step, please send a request to district IT staff for assistance.