This page allows us the opportunity to share successes of Chimacum students and district recognition. (created 8/26/20)
Building Recognition Links
Identify Chimacum Creek Primary students showing effort in connecting remotely, staying on task while at home, and completing remote school work. Please fill out one form per student you'd like to nominate as a Remote Learning All Star. Remote Learning All Stars Form
Please see below for a list of students who received Silver Spurs on March 24, 2021.
Freshman Sarah Hinds received a Silver Spur Award for her participation in Food Service, Farm to School videos. Thank you, Sarah!
Maria Powell, congratulations on being accepted to the 2021 NAfME All_Northwest Band on Tenor Saxophone!
Congratulations, Isabella Harvey! Your hard work as a Future Business Leader is recognized and Chimacum School District is proud of you.
Congratulations Ethan Self-LoBosco on your award-winning essay! Contest: Holocaust Center for Humanity Writing, Art and Film
District & Staff Recognition
Elementary teacher, Kit Pennell, is one of six Patsy Collins Award recipients in Washington State. This award is based on Excellence in Education, Environment, and Community!! It honors extraordinary teachers in Washington K-12 schools who are creating equitable, project-based learning experiences that inspire stewardship and environmental awareness. This prestigious award comes with a $5,000 grant. Congratulations, Kit!
6th grade Science teacher and staff trainer, Al Gonzalez, was awarded the NCE Outstanding Technology Educator of the Year. Way to go, Al!
Olympic Educational Service District 114 Letter of Appreciation for Unprecedented Efforts during COVID-19
Washington State Patrol Annual School Bus Inspection recognition
Silver Spurs Awards 2020-21
April 28: Food Service staff members Linda Boyd, Angie Carstensen, Shellie Friedrich, Jenny Hinds, Heidi Holmes, and Sandra Neet received Silver Spurs for going above and beyond the call of dutie to meet the ever-changing food prep and scheduling demands brought on by the Coronavirus. We thank you all so much for your time and dedication to feeding Chimacum students!
April 14: Principals Kyle Ehlis, Jason Lynch, and David Carthum were recognized and received Silver Spurs for their work on bring more students back to campus.
March 24: The following students received Silver Spurs for the hard work and motivation they contribute to learning and their class:
- Parker Rief, 1st grade
- Isabella Martin, 1st grade
- JoLynn Garlock, 3rd grade
- Nikolai Mascho, 4th grade
- Starlin Carder, 10th grade
- Santana Padilla, 10th grade
- Kindergarten teacher, Hannah Zach was recognized for her engagement in the ELA Subject Area Committee (SAC) and anti-racism teacher leader conversations.
- Junior/Senior High Administrative Assistant, Cameron Botkin received a Silver Spur for her welcoming and enthusiastic energy.
February 24: Long-time Chimacum teacher, Shawn Meacham was recognized for his flexibility and willingness to step in and teach where there is need. Thank you, Mr. Meacham!
February 10: Junior/Senior High Math Teacher, Dave Porter received a Silver Spur for taking on an additional in-person class in another subject matter.
January 27: Primary School Teacher, Heidi Johnson was recognized for advocating for a new K-6 hybrid cohort AM/PM model.
January 13: Eric Bulliman and Chad Lawson were received Silver Spurs for their time and efforts spent remodeling the Flexible Learning classroom.
- Student Directors Ava Vaughan-Mifsud and Eugenia Frank received recognition for their creative ways to engage with their peers, enthusiastic and thorough reporting, and participation in board activities, including the WSSDA Annual Conference.
- CJSHS Counselor, Stephanie Tell, was awarded a Silver Spur for going above and beyond to identify student needs and engagement, communication efforts, and supporting students, staff, and faculty.
- Dean of Students, Mark Gudger, was recognized for his unwavering support of students, tracking and going on home visits to ensure all students return to learning and stay engaged.
- Mary Novak, for ongoing continuing to be available and providing registrar support for Chimacum Junior/Senior High.
- Cole Henley, for creating Rainbow Catchers to sell as a fundraiser for the Flexible Learning Program.
- Traci Meacham for assisting Dr. Engle, supporting district staff, and coordinating board meetings.
October 14: The following Custodial/Grounds/Maintenance staff members received Silver Spurs Awards for stepping up to put in extra hours to ensure the safety and cleanliness of the facilities for the well-being of students and staff: Kristy Ackerman, Portia Jones, Bob Williams, Eric Bulliman, Don Giese, Todd Stampfler, and Mike Kunka. Thank you for your dedication and hard work!
September 23: Athletic Director, Carrie Beebe, was recognized for going above and beyond the duties of her position to assist with school reopening and computer distribution.
Acting Superintendent, Dr. David Engle, introduced the Silver Spurs Award and recognized the following district staff members on September 9, 2020:
Ann Abraham, CEA President, for union negotiations and work on MOU
Stephanie McCleary, Director of Human Resources, for union negotiations and work on MOU
Art Clarke, Assistant Superintendent/Finance & Operations, for union negotiations, work on MOU, and reopening preparedness
Henry Florschutz, Director of Maintenance, Custodial, and Grounds, for campus beautification
Al Gonzalez, 6th Grade Science, for leading technology trainings