This page allows us the opportunity to share successes of Chimacum students and district recognition. (created 8/26/20)
Building Recognition Links
Identify Chimacum Creek Primary students showing effort in connecting remotely, staying on task while at home, and completing remote school work. Please fill out one form per student you'd like to nominate as a Remote Learning All Star. Remote Learning All Stars Form
Congratulations, Isabella Harvey! Your hard work as a Future Business Leader is recognized and Chimacum School District is proud of you.
Congratulations Ethan Self-LoBosco on your award-winning essay! Contest: Holocaust Center for Humanity Writing, Art and Film
Olympic Educational Service District 114 Letter of Appreciation for Unprecedented Efforts during COVID-19
Washington State Patrol Annual School Bus Inspection recognition
Silver Spurs Awards 2020-21
- Student Directors Ava Vaughan-Mifsud and Eugenia Frank received recognition for their creative ways to engage with their peers, enthusiastic and thorough reporting, and participation in board activities, including the WSSDA Annual Conference.
- CJSHS Counselor, Stephanie Tell, was awarded a Silver Spur for going above and beyond to identify student needs and engagement, communication efforts, and supporting students, staff, and faculty.
- Dean of Students, Mark Gudger, was recognized for his unwavering support of students, tracking and going on home visits to ensure all students return to learning and stay engaged.
- Mary Novak, for ongoing continuing to be available and providing registrar support for Chimacum Junior/Senior High.
- Cole Henley, for creating Rainbow Catchers to sell as a fundraiser for the Flexible Learning Program.
- Traci Meacham for assisting Dr. Engle, supporting district staff, and coordinating board meetings.
October 14: The following Custodial/Grounds/Maintenance staff members received Silver Spurs Awards for stepping up to put in extra hours to ensure the safety and cleanliness of the facilities for the well-being of students and staff: Kristy Ackerman, Portia Jones, Bob Williams, Eric Bulliman, Don Giese, Todd Stampfler, and Mike Kunka. Thank you for your dedication and hard work!
September 23: Athletic Director, Carrie Beebe, was recognized for going above and beyond the duties of her position to assist with school reopening and computer distribution.
Acting Superintendent, Dr. David Engle, introduced the Silver Spurs Award and recognized the following district staff members on September 9, 2020:
Ann Abraham, CEA President, for union negotiations and work on MOU
Stephanie McCleary, Director of Human Resources, for union negotiations and work on MOU
Art Clarke, Assistant Superintendent/Finance & Operations, for union negotiations, work on MOU, and reopening preparedness
Henry Florschutz, Director of Maintenance, Custodial, and Grounds, for campus beautification
Al Gonzalez, 6th Grade Science, for leading technology trainings