Benefits and Salary Information
Payroll & Benefits Information
Starting in January of 2020, all eligible employees of Washington State’s school districts and charter schools, and represented employees of educational service districts, will get their health insurance and other benefits through the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program. The SEBB Program offers medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and basic long-term disability (LTD) insurance.
October 31-November 21, 2022
Enrollments, changes and premiums are effective January 1, 2023
As an employee of Chimacum School District your retirement is through the Washington State Department of Retirement (DRS). If you are already a member of the Washington State Retirement System - then you are placed into the Retirement Plan that you were last active in unless you change classifications.
If you were previously a Plan 3 member, and you are new to the District, you will have to choose an investment percentage (%) when you start work. The payroll department will be contacting you to do so with the appropriate forms. If you do not make a choice within 90 days, you will default into Option A.
If you are new to the Washington State Department of Retirement System - you have up to 90-days to choose which retirement system you wish to enroll in. If you do not chose, then you will be defaulted into Plan 2. Please review the DRS Plan Choice Booklet link below for more information in making a choice. The payroll department will contact you and provide the appropriate paperwork to complete your enrollment.
- Washington State Department of Retirement - Plan Choice Booklet
- Washington State Department of Retirement - Beneficiary Designation Form
- DRS - Website: Resources, Plan Handbooks, Information, and Login for your Retirement Account
Washington State Deferred Compensation Program (DCP): The DCP program is a supplemental retirement savings program
(IRC Section 457 plan) that offers you the opportunity to invest money to augment your retirement. Minimum deduction to start your account is $30 per month. This can be started and/or changed at anytime during the year. This is done through pre-tax deductions. For additional information call (888) 327-5596 or click the link below. If you choose to enroll, please return the enrollment form to the Payroll Department for processing.
- DCP – WA State Deferred Compensation Program Informational Book
- DCP - WAS State Deferred Compensation Enrollment Form
403(b) Plan: The OMNI Group is our Third Party Administrator for the Chimacum School District’s 403(b) plan. You can make pre-tax deferrals from your payroll directly to your 403(b) account. This plan requires that you start a 403(b) with a qualified financial advisor, then set up the payroll deductions through the payroll office. You can manage your 403(b) account on-line: http://www.omni403b.com
- The OMNI Group - New Employee Information Packet
- The OMNI Group - Guide: Accessing District Plan Information & Finding and Enrollment Agent
- The OMNI Group - 403(b) - Yearly Availability Notice
- 2022 3rd Quarter Employee Newsletter
Other Voluntary Insurance Coverages
Other insurance coverages are available and are voluntary. All costs are paid by the employee through payroll deduction. Please contact the payroll office if you are interested in enrolling:
AFLAC: Cancer Insurance
- DRS – Washington State Dept of Retirement Systems (Retirement Plan Information, Booklets, Benefits)
- IRS - Internal Revenue Service
- OMNI - The Omni Group - 403(b) plan administration
- PEBB – Public Employees Benefit Board
- SSA – Social Security Administration
- VEBA - Medical Reimbursement Trust
- Retirement Planning: https://csd.retacademy.com
- WA Cares Fund